Thursday, October 28, 2004

I'm Going to Write a Bad Novel

Oh who knows, maybe it will be a good novel. There's something called National Novel Writing Month and I found out about it via many posts on blogexplosion (if you have a blog and are not a part of blogexplosion, you're missing out. Sign up for it here now. And it's free too.) Anyhoo, the challenge is to write a complete novel in the month of November. It has to be 50,000 words. They stress on their website that it's about quantity, not quality, which I have to tell you is a relief. I used 2 write a lot in college. I wrote a novel, several screenplays and short stories and even won some awards, so I guess I was pretty good. But since I've graduated, the only thing I've written is music. And I've always said I wanted to write again, I just haven't found the time. Well, to be honest, I don't know where I'll find the time to do this novel challenge, or even what the hell I'll write about, but it actually sounds like fun. I might even set up a separate blog to do it so that I can publish it online as I write. Would anyone read it if I did that though? Does anyone actually read this blog besides my cohorts on blogexplosion? LOL.

If you're reading this and U want to read my novel as I write it, let me know and I'll set up a separate blog. Otherwise, I'm keeping it to myself. I really should stop with these masturbatory urges of mine!

Ta!
Writersblockhead

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home